OSHA - 10 Hour General Industry Outreach Training Program
This course is ideal for supervisors with safety and health responsibilities, and for employee safety and health awareness. Students will be introduced to OSHA policies, procedures and standards as well as general industry safety and health principles covered in OSHA Act Part 1910. Special emphasis will be placed on areas most hazardous using OSHA standards as a guide. Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive an OSHA general industry safety and health 10-hour course completion card from the Department of Labor. Note: This online course has been reviewed and accepted by OSHA for online distribution.
- State the purpose of the OSH Act and list the functions of OSHA
- List the OSHA inspection priorities and describe the inspection process
- Describe the rights and responsibilities of employers and employees under the OSH Act
- The basic requirements for proper aisle and passageway maintenance
- Guidelines for identification and protection of floor openings
- To understand the importance of effective Egress fire protection program
- To know the safe means of Egress to provide fire protection in emergencies from new or old buildings or structures
- Outline the general requirements for general safety standards
- Establish the guidelines and requirements for special purpose equipment
- Introduction to OSHA, OSH Act, Inspections, Citations, and Penalties
- Walking and Working Surfaces
- Means of Egress and Fire Protection
- Flammable and Combustible Liquids
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Machine Guarding
- Hazard Communication
- Introduction to Industrial Hygiene/ Bloodborne Pathogens
- Safety & Health Programs
Please see the state/regulatory requirement from the course catalog page.
This course has been reviewed and approved for 10 hours.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a course completion card in the mail.
Quizzes - All quizzes must be passed with a 100% to proceed forward to the next lesson.
Final Exam- Final Exam must be passed with a 70% to pass the course. The final exam can be taken three times if necessary.